By Alex Davies
If you’re writing one of the purposes that decision for asynchronous programming, this concise hands-on consultant exhibits you the way the async characteristic in C# 5.0 could make the method a lot less complicated. in addition to a transparent advent to asynchronous programming, you get an in-depth examine how the async characteristic works and why you should use it on your application.
Written for knowledgeable C# programmers—yet approachable for beginners—this ebook is filled with code examples so that you can expand to your personal projects.
- Write your individual asynchronous code, and find out how async saves you from this messy chore
- Discover new functionality probabilities in ASP.NET internet server code
- Explore how async and WinRT interact in home windows eight functions
- Learn the significance of the watch for key-phrase in async equipment
- Understand which .NET thread is working your code—and at what issues within the software
- Use the Task-based Asynchronous development (TAP) to write down asynchronous APIs in .NET
- Take benefit of parallel computing in glossy machines
- Measure async code functionality by way of evaluating it with possible choices
Read or Download Async in C# 5.0 PDF
Best c# books
• The CD-ROM with the ebook will comprise visible C# 2005 "Express variation. • The publication can be composed round one of many "starter kits" integrated with visible C# 2005 show version, making it effortless for readers to benefit to application utilizing visible C#. • After analyzing this e-book, clients might be capable of: * comprehend the strategies of visible C# convey * comprehend the visible C# show integration with visible Studio 2005, or "Whidbey.
Whew! !! i ultimately accomplished this booklet. It took me a number of months to do it. i did not bypass a web page, actually licked the plate fresh. sooner than beginning this publication i used to be a scripter. i've got eight years adventure with Perl and shell. So I knew lots of the strategies being coated. however it was once nonetheless a hard learn.
Leverage the ability of solidarity 3D and Playmaker to advance a online game from scratch evaluation Create man made intelligence for a online game utilizing Playmaker how you can combine a online game with exterior APIs (Kongregate) the way to fast improve video games in harmony and Playmaker A step by step online game improvement instructional utilizing AI scripting, exterior APIs and Multiplayer implementation intimately team spirit is a strong rendering engine that's totally built-in with a whole set of intuitive instruments to create interactive 3D and 2nd content material.
Recognized C# professional Rod Stephens offers beginner and skilled builders a accomplished educational and connection with ordinary C#. This new identify totally covers the newest C# language regular, C# five. zero, in addition to its implementation within the 2013 unlock of visible Studio. the writer offers workouts and ideas; and his C# Helper site will supply readers and scholars with ongoing aid.
- Async in C# 5.0: Unleash the Power of Async
- Beginning C# 3.0: an introduction to object oriented programming
- LINQ for visual C# 2005
- COM Programming with Microsoft .NET
- Professional Refactoring in C# & ASP.NET
- XML Programming: Web Applications and Web Services with JSP and ASP
Extra info for Async in C# 5.0
As we saw previously in “What Async Does” on page 3, a method marked async is allowed to contain the await keyword. WriteLine(page); } The await expression in this example transforms the method, so it pauses during the download, then resumes when the download is done. This transformation makes the method asynchronous. In this chapter, we’ll explore writing async methods like this one. Converting the Favicon Example to Async We’ll now modify the favicon browser example from earlier to make use of async.
Despite the fact that hibernating and resuming a method mid-execution is a fairly complex operation, C# will make sure that your code is resumed as if it nothing had happened. The State of the Method Just to make it clear exactly how much work C# is doing for you when you use await, I’d like to think about all the details it needs to remember about the state of your method. First, the values of all the local variables of your method are remembered. This includes the values of: • • • • The parameters of your method Any variables you’ve defined which are in scope Any other variables, for example loop counters The this variable, if your method is non-static.
In this way, the exception propagates back through the callers, forming a virtual stack trace in exactly the same way it would in synchronous code. 30 | Chapter 5: What await Actually Does I call this a virtual stack trace, because the stack is a concept that a single thread has, and in async code, the actual stack of the current thread may be very different from the stack trace that an exception produces. The exception captures the stack trace of the programmer’s intention, with the methods that the programmer called, rather than the details of how C# chose to execute parts of those methods.
Async in C# 5.0 by Alex Davies